J.W. Smyth Family Butchers has its origins in Fairview North Dublin. Since the 1930’s when James Smyth opened a shop on Dublin’s North Strand. When Dublin started to expand into the farming lands of Raheny and Killester James bought the Raheny shop in 1955 and followed the customer base out of Fairview and onto the Howth Road in Raheny where the shop still trades today.
Willie Smyth took the reins of the business in the booming seventies to four shops. Adding a shop in Donaghmede Shopping Centre, Blanchardstown Shopping Centre, and the shop which still trades today, in Portmarnock Village.
- Address: Strand Road, Portmarnock. And 407 Howth Rd, Raheny.
- Link: www.jwsmythbutchers.ie